BVT-SCG pressure reduction valve
The BVT-SCG is a globe-style pressure reducing valve used in steam turbine systems, typically used in vent to atmosphere applications. In this application, the valve is placed in a steam pipe branched from the connection between boiler and turbine allowing the steam to be vented to atmosphere in case of a turbine trip. Pressure regulation is taken place in the valve trim where a plug reveals a series of perforations in the valve cage. A static pressure stage may also be present in the outlet, to reduce the pressure drop over the cage and thus the noise caused by the trim.
The BVT-SC can also be combined with a downstream desuperheater such as the BVT-DLP to perform steam conditioning in installations where downstream straight pipe lengths do not allow for desuperheating in the pressure reducing valve.
- Fully customizable inlet, outlet connections
- Complies with the following standards: ASME, EN, PED
- High shut-off class
- Great rangeability
- Balanced plug design requires smaller actuating forces, and so allows for smaller and pneumatic actuators
- Easily exchangeable seat as option for further reduced maintenance downtime
- Optimized packing design
- Erosion resistant design
- Spring loaded nozzles designed to avoid thermal stress in outlet pipe, and are quickly and easily maintained
Up to 14"
Up to ANSI 600 (higher rating on request)
Up to 580 ºC
ANSI Class III, IV, V
Up to 25:1 for the complete valve
ASME, PED, IBR, CRN, GOST, ISO 9001/14001
WCB, WC6, WC9
Pneumatic, hydraulic or electrical
- Quick change type seat
- Erosion resistant trim with long cage
- Live load gland seal packings